CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

11/24/08

Death


We were watching an emotional show featuring a lady who lost her husband and had to take care of her kids alone. She was devastated, cried, screamed, said it was not fair and that they had everything planned together and now she has to come up with a new plan. It made me wonder if I could come up with a new plan if need be? Are you ready to die? Are you ready to lose your husband? wife? parents? siblings?children? .... So, I turned to my husband and said:
Me: One of us will die before the other you know
Hubby: What do you mean?
Me: One day either you will be mourning me or I will be mourning you
Hubby: Who do you want to go first?
Me: I don't know, I don't wanna think about it, it makes me sad
Hubby: Who do you think will suffer the most?
Me: Well I guess the person who dies is awaiting their trial so they don't think about this world anymore but theone who survives the other will be grieving.
Hubby: Then I want you to die first
Me: You're wishing death on me... That's so mean
Hubby: No, I'm not wishing death on you but I don't want you to grieve or go through being a widow, I'd rather be the one grieving coz in a way I know I can take it more than you could.
Me: How do you know?

Nothing was said after that....We were both sad...I guess the reality of the temporary state of this life was too much to handle....

Imam Ali (pbuh) says: "If man will see how speedily his death is coming toward him he will abhor ambitions and will give up admiring the world."

“Say: the Angel of Death who is given charge of you shall cause you to die, and then toyour Lord you shall be brought back.”32:11

“The children of Adam carry the mark of death like necklaces that adorn the neck of a bride.Imam Hussain (pbuh)”



You can find a free e-book about death HERE

12 comments:

Amina said...

off topic:the comic is so funny
i don't fear death
i am ready to die but i don't want to see close friends and family die before me....

now i need to finish my hair/make-up stash before i die..lol...ok...mauvaise blague mais je n'ai pas pu resiste

usually i don't like thinking about death..it terrifies me

Hijabee said...

Amina :)
I'm not scared of death per se, it's what happens after death that I'm scared of.

Mina said...

Oh I've had many conversations about this with my fiance:(

He always says he wants to die first:(though I couldnt bare the thought...it would shatter my heart into a million peices.
Oh funny comic!!!

Hijabee said...

Mina,
It's really sad indeed :(

My life my story said...

this was a very serious topic! I´m not scared of dying myself but I don´t know if I can handle the death of my husband! I don´t know what I would do without him!

Mona Zenhom said...

Sad. The comic made me lol for real though.

LALALALA I can't hear you...I don't wanna think about it!

malizea said...

well Iam not afraid about death but i am afraid about what will happen after the tomb as sirat the judgment will I be to jannah or not! that's is very scary and Allah is merciful! that gives me HOPE!

Amina said...

yes what happens after death is soo scary!!

Hijabee said...

Cecilia,
It is very scary :(

Mona,
I don't wanna think about it either...

Malizea,Amina
Same here, I think that's what we are all afraid of

lala said...

Makes me sad too. I was reading dua adeela a few days ago, and when it mentioned how we will be questioned in our graves it just made me feel terrified. inshAllah we will all be among those in Jannah.
The hadith from Imam Ali (AS) is so true.

Hijabee said...

M.J Amin for your dua :)

Anonymous said...

Love that graphic!