CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

11/4/08

WE MADE IT


YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS


AT 47 YEARS OLD, BARACK OBAMA BECOMES THE 44TH PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES. I AM SPEECHLESS. WE'VE MADE HISTORY. HE WILL BE THE PRESIDENT OF THE WHITE, BLACK, RICH,POOR.I JUST WANNA GET OUTSIDE AND SCREAM.

I will always remember, I will never forget that on November 4th, 2008 Barack Hussein Obama was elected President of the United States. I will always remember, I will never forget I was wearing a black sweater and was sitting on the floor of my living room at around 11:00pm when Wolfe Blitzer said : Barack Obama is the next president of the United States. I screamed and screamed and screamed. Even though I kinda felt he was going to win, just the reality of it hit me. It hit me that history has just been made right there in the midst of my living room. One day, inshallah I will be able to tell to my grandkids that I was there when the son of an African immigrant and a white woman from Kansas made history. I'm feeling it, I'm just feeling a positive change coming! Today, I am part of History!And you are too!!!

Share your thoughts, what were you doing when you heard of the news? what were you wearing? where were you?T

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh, I am so happy!!! I just did a post on this!!:)

Hijabee said...

I just wanna scream loll

Anonymous said...

AHHHH!!!! Me too!!!!!!:D Oh Lord, I am so happy!!:)

Hijabee said...

SAME HERE!!!! THIS IS HISTORICCCC. I WISH I WAS IN CHICAGO LOL

Yasmin (Umm Zayd) said...

I hear ya. Let's all scream together YAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!

Hijabee said...

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Anonymous said...

Yessssssssssss he did make it Masha Allahhhhhhhhhh, May Allah SWT guide and protect him !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ameen !

Amina said...

Mashallah!!!
I wish him all the best!!
Que le bon dieu enleve les epines de son chemin!!

muslimahh said...

I'm sooo excited!! I've been making my 3 year old watch the news tonight with me! She told me mom, this is serious!!! LOL!!! Ohhhh here he is...gotta go!!!

Hijabee said...

Iam watching the speech right now! You can feel how emotional Obama is.....

Mina said...

Yaaaay Congrats, glad all of this ordeal is over, was starting to get sick of it all, but im soooooooo happy for you and your country:)

Btw - I was asleep lol, i couldnt stay awake you guys are like 5 hours back...but juz heard it from my mum, i called all the way from my room to ask her as soon as I woke up she was like "OBAMA" "GO OBAMA, OBAMA GO" lol I couldnt stop laughing.

The whole world is estatic hehe

Hijabee said...

Lol @ your mum! I guess he was really happy :)

Yayemarie said...

I stayed up the whole night and was so proud my moment was the end when Michelle waited for him after his speech that made me cry when they left smiled at each other..and they were gone
so proud so so proud..
this is everyones moment

Anonymous said...

A beautiful moment!